We build cities. We drive commerce. We help save lives. For nearly 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward. What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst. Are you the right person to fill this significant role on our team? If you want to learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward, read on.
In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing competitors and preparing information for general and management use to assist in decisions related to competitors and competitive products. You will develop and deploy new methods of approach to solve complex competitor analysis problems. Work involves accuracy and the ability to make decisions within the limits of general policies and practices. With the ability to exercise significant independent judgment, initiative and creativity is used, under some direct guidance of supervisor.
Proactively follow, research, analyze and report on:
* external factors and market/industry trends that most impact Allison Transmission * targeted growth opportunities and support development of business cases * direct and adjacent competitors, focusing on Corporate mission, objectives, strategies, tactics and alliances; both to document current state and hypothesize future state * competitor developments that directly or indirectly impact Allison; evaluating possible impacts on Allison Transmission and assist functional business areas in developing courses of action * relevant topics for consideration or awareness, with data or deductive support sources * support and collaborate regarding future alternative product, business, marketing or administrative strategies
Support and/or maintain:
* Allison Corporate and Business Development activities with relevant data and insights, utilizing a wide range of methods, sources and experts as required * a \"threat/opportunity board\" that visually depicts the competitive landscape(s) with supporting information and a list of key insights or information needed * quarterly (or as needed) management updates and other reporting through preparation of analyses and presentation materials on industry / identified competitors * ad hoc requests from across the organization requiring research and analysis on topics impacting Allison Transmission * a database that documents basic corporate information, analyses and hypotheses for all target competitors
Conduct primary and secondary research on competitors using all available sources:
* Working collaboratively with Functions to accomplish objectives * Synthesis of available data into actionable strategies in support of Allison direction * Engage key Allison leadership to assess needs and priorities for competitive corporate insight * Attend CI related conferences and shows, coordinating Allison's collective CI efforts
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex or unique * General understanding of Allison Sales, Marketing and Engineering processes * Experience with commercial vehicle industry, Allison markets, customers, OEMs, or competitors * Experience with transmission or vehicle systems, their application, value sources, design or analysis * Program Management and interpersonal skills for effective teamwork * Oral, presentation and written communication, and team leadership skills * Ability to organize and plan effectively, and work independently or in teams * Natural inquisitiveness and a sense of urgency to create and deliver new insights * A \"serve the customer\" (both internally and externally) mentality * Working knowledge of Sharepoint and the internet, gathering and archiving info
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.