Loading some great jobs for you...
Associated Home Care, an Amedisys company, is the leading provider of personal home care in the state of Massachusetts in addition to its service areas around Jacksonville, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee. From companionship to around-the-clock in-home care, our customized services are designed to bring peace of mind to individuals needing extra care for their families. customizing care to each client's need is an important part of the service plan and can always be adjusted as needs change.
Our specially trained nurses and caregivers are available from one to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After an initial assessment over the phone or in person, our nurse will personally visit with the client and family members to discuss the most beneficial and cost-effective services.
Primary LocationUnited States-Massachusetts-Lawrence
OrganizationPersonal Care Line
We Welcome Walk-In Interviews to Meet Your Convenience!
The Personal Care Homemaker assists clients with non-skilled nursing tasks as well as household tasks in accordance with relevant local, state and federal agencies and with a care plan developed by a clinician in accordance with state and local laws and regulations. The Personal Care Homemaker supports and encourages clients in self-help and optimal level of independence or participation in activities of daily living and home management as related to comfort, care, and safety of a client in the home.
1. Performs and assists clients with activities of daily living including: bathing, dressing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, foot care, and toileting.
2. Performs non-skilled nursing tasks including: exercises, ambulation, regular skin care, care to pressure point areas, safe client transfers, using and maintaining special equipment and supplies appropriately, oral hygiene and hair care.
3. Provides medication reminders.
4. Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary instructions.
5. Accompanies client on errands or runs errands for the client, including shopping for food and household supplies.
6. Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing household services.
7. Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
8. Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding clients in a timely manner.
9. Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care delivery.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, reliable, and able to cope with emergencies.
3. Successful completion of the 40-hour Council for Home Care Aide, Homemaker Service Training Program within 6 months of hire or its equivalent.
1. Frequent travel between client homes is required.
2. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
3. Must be able to see, hear, speak and use both hands.
4. Continual walking, standing, bending, stooping, or squatting; frequently reaches over shoulders; may sometimes crawl, kneel, sit or climb.
Successful completion of the 60-hour Council for Home Care Aide, Personal Care Homemaker Service Training Program.
PRN Employee Benefits Include:
Employees working on average of 30 hours or more per week during the first 60 days of employment will be eligible to enroll in the health insurance plan the first day of the month following date of hire or status change.
Part-Time Employees receive the same benefits as PRN Employees plus:
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...